My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.modernbohemian.ca
and update your bookmarks.

It's all about the pillows...


I love pillows…

I love their coziness, their luxurious voluptuousness and the possibilities of beauty and comfort they provide. It may have to do with the word “pillow” itself…what do you think of when you hear it? Big, soft, fluffy pillows piled on top of your bed; piles of gorgeous pillows in fabulous colours and textures on a deep-seated sofa…perfect for reading or napping on a cold, rainy day. Or perhaps it is the pillowy hug from the woman you love or the mother who held you when you were tired or sad.

Wherever you find the word “pillow” it is usually associated with comfort. I have always carried my pillow (or “pullump”, as the five-year-old Aussie kid in me says) on any trip, be it a short road trip or a fifteen hour flight across the Pacific Ocean.

As a little girl, when my dad would come home from work he would call out “get your pullump Christine, we’re going to Queensland!” Oh the heaven of it! A huge pile of pillows and blankets in the back of the van and a thousand mile drive ahead of us. Too bad I had to share it with my two little brothers - but that’s another story.

Then there was the bliss of being wrapped in the loving, pillowy bosom of my nanna when we finally arrived in Queensland and climbing into a bed that was encircled by a "romantic” mosquito net and made up in clean, white, cotton sheets and pillows. One of my daughter’s few memories of my dad includes bringing her pullump into bed with him and nanna for a morning snuggle.

I have this huge collection of of gorgeous fabric and vintage blankets that just keeps expanding; spilling off the shelves, into drawers, out of drawers; piling up in corners…

So when I asked myself the question “what do I want to do?” I thought…”I want to make pillows.” I will make beautiful pillows to make people happy.

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Out of the blue inspiration finds us......


I clicked on one my favorite blogs this morning and what did I find but beauty, inspiration and a antidote for a grey, gloomy west coast day. My French Country Home at http://myfrenchcountryhome.blogspot.ca is one of my favorite blogs and Sharon Santoni did not disappoint me today, in fact she made my day...



I felt compelled to group these images together and am wondering why.... I think it has a lot to do with the pale washed out blues and a little bit of pink, that is making me think that spring is not too far away.  I would sell my soul for that blue and white coffee bowl in the picture with the pink roses.  I have seen that on Pinterest and am still hoping that will be mine one day.  And what is it about artist's tools that are so evocative?  Even their palettes and paint brush's seem to become works of art, and I don't believe it is just a messy coincidence. With most artists I know, their art is in every fiber of their being, even in their paint spattered jeans.

One of the pictures from Sharon's "loot shoots", I love this.

happiness


blue greyPreview "a girlfriend's home - so french and feminine" - Sharon Santoni
There's that blue.... love it with the wire work




.
I am adding this space to my wish lists of places to live...


 Enjoy everyone and pass it along...
Christine











2 comments:

  1. drooling a little bit over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite blog too! Always open on my phone for whenever I have free time and need a treat!

    ReplyDelete